Membership is open to all persons fulfilling the requirements of the membership categories. The Association shall consist of Ordinary, Life, Associate, Honorary and Student Members. All applications for membership shall be made in writing, on the prescribed form furnished by the Association and submitted to the Honorary Secretary.
Ordinary membership shall be available to any Malaysian dentists who is member of the Malaysian Dental Association, registered with the Dental Council of Malaysia and residing in Malaysia, who has special interest in the field of prosthodontics.
Life membership may be granted to:
– Ordinary members who have been in continuous membership for at least ten years.
– Ordinary members who have taken continuous membership for a certain amount of years and on payment of a sum equivalent to the remaining number of years amounting to 10 years.
– Ordinary members who upon submitting membership application form pays a lump sum fee of RM550
Associate membership may be granted to:
– Any dentist, doctor or scientist residing in Malaysia, interested to participate in the activities of the Association, but does not qualify to be an Ordinary member. AND
– Accredited members of foreign Prosthodontic Associations whose associations extend reciprocal membership to members of this Association.
Honorary membership may be granted to:
– Any member who has rendered distinguished service to the Association.
– Any person whose attainments have been deemed to be distinguished in any line of scientific investigation which may contribute to the advancement of prosthodontics and who presents the results of such investigation before the Association.
Student membership shall be open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students studying in any dental institution in Malaysia. A university or university college student shall not be eligible for membership without the prior approval of the Vice-chancellor/ Deputy Vice-Chancellor/ Dean of the university/ Faculty concerned of the university concerned.
- Members under 5(2)(a) shall have the right to participate in all activities and general meetings of the Association and to vote including the right to be a member of the Council of Association.
- Members under 5(2)(b) shall enjoy the status of an active member including the right to be a member of the Council of Association and are exempted from the payment of annual subscription.
- Members under 5(2)(c) shall have the right to participate in all activities and general meetings of the Association and to vote but do not have the right to be a member of the Council of Association.
- Members under 5(2)(d) shall have the right to participate in all activities and general meetings of the Association but do not have the right to vote and to be a member of the Council of Association.
- Members under 5(2)(e) shall have the right to participate in all activities and general meetings of the Association but do not have the right to vote and to be a member of the Council of Association.
Obligations of membership
- All members shall abide by the Constitution and not in any way be inconsistent with its objectives.
- All members must notify the Honorary Secretary of their change of address.
MODE OF PAYMENTS**
(**Annual subscriptions are payable to the treasurer on admission and subsequently before January of every year.)
Payment via Senangpay (Credit / Debit Card Internet Banking FPX)
Please wire transfer funds for credit to:
Account Name: MALAYSIAN ASSOCIATION FOR PROSTHODONTICS
Account No: 3168508600
Name of Bank: PUBLIC BANK
Address of Bank: 36-40 MEDAN SETIA 2, PLAZA DAMANSARA, BUKIT DAMANSARA 50490 KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Swift Code: PBBEMYKL
Cheque / Bank Draft
Make payable to “MALAYSIAN ASSOCIATION FOR PROSTHODONTICS” and send to:
Malaysian Association for Prosthodontics
Malaysian Dental Association
D-5-1 (Level 5) Pusat Komersil
Parklane, Jalan SS7/26, Kelana Jaya,
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
*Kindly completed form and send the transaction slip/other proof of payment by e-mail to:
All payment received are non-refundable.